Friday, July 06, 2007

Center of Gravity

In May my son and my daughter celebrated their birthdays, his first her fourth. My wife and I celebrated our ninth wedding anniversary. I also celebrated 17 years of sobriety. All in all it was a wonderful month. In June we went to Mexico where Mariam and I led a week long intensive. Both of Mariam’s parents were there as well as one of her sisters. Two of the staff members brought their husband’s and children along so the whole event had a dreamy pinch me quality as family and friends spent a week at the beach under the palm trees. My daughter Jasmine and I swam with dolphins and some students spent a starry night in a sweat lodge. When we got back the summer weather was in full swing and life has felt very precious.

My meditation practice has taken on a life of its own. There was the initial work to make it a consistent part of my life but that time past very quickly and now it has become the center of gravity in my life. As I surrender to it everything flows into and out of that center.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Dear Rolf,

It's been a while since YTT. Congrat's on the 2d child :-)

Much Love,
Kris K

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home