Monday, January 01, 2007

Al Gore and the New Year

The New Year ended for my daughter Jasmine around 845 pm after doing a little “Bear Yoga” with dad and snuggling with mom. My son, Dylan celebrated the New Year by sleeping and eating in turns. My wife and I spent the last hour of 2006 watching “An Inconvenient Truth” which is now on pay per-view. As the year came to an end I was drawn to this documentary because I wanted to finish the year watching someone live up to his potential.

Whatever one might feel or believe about global warming or the former vice president/almost president one cannot help but be impressed by the sheer follow through of Al Gore when it comes to this issue. “An Inconvenient Truth” documents a lifetime of work whose legacy, for now at least, is a film of tremendous importance. I have watched this documentary five or six times over the last six months and I never tire of it because of its extraordinary nature. It is a film that simultaneously outlines a global crisis and depicts, in the response of an individual to that crisis, the human capacity to rise to the challenge. It never fails to stir the heart. I watched Al Gores film as the new year approached to be reminded that we are the ones we’ve been waiting for.

Happy New Year to all of you, God bless and Namaste Rolf

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watching the documentary “An Inconvenient Truth” was also part of my holiday viewing. I was introduced to it by my 23 year old son who requested it as a Christmas gift. We all watched it together, and it turns out that the real gift was for me...seeing that my husband and I had raised a son concerned and interested in this world in which we live AND becoming inspired to do my part in helping turn things around with this issue of global warming...a problem that we have all co-created.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home